Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas - Elena's Post

I want to start my Christmas post by saying
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.
I hope you enjoy your holidays. I'm here with you today
 to show you my Christmas projects.
This time I decided to try something new and to challenge 
myself with some OTP projects, so here they are.
My first project is a set of Christmas tags for my darling daughter 
who demands me to be creative and prepare something new for
 her every  year.  I didn't want to make a simple Christmas Card
 so I thought I would  make some tags for her instead.
 
When I received my recent package of 2Crafty Chippies,
 she looked through them and told me,
 ''I want this, that and that one in one card". It was a little difficult 
 to combine all 3 large chippies in one place, so I have managed
 to make 3 different tags for her.
 
I decided to use acrylic sheets from Clear Scraps  to achieve some
 transparency.  I love it when I see frosty trees outside .
 
 I primed Fir Xmas Tree with Gesso , then I stamped it with Crystals
 Antiquites Embosssing powder and misted it with some Starburst inks.
After that I added some bling, stars and added some
 sprinkles of white acrylic paint
I glued it on to the acrylic sheet and here you can
 see the back side of the tag.
 
 
I didn't change the back side of the chipboard as I wanted to add 
some warm kraft color to the set.
For the next tag I used Prancing Reindeers
I used the same techniques on the 2 pieces of chipboard
 that come in the pack.
 
and the smaller one......
 
Next project is a shadow box.
 (Keep in mind I had a task to use almost all Christmas
 themed chippies for my DD decorations)
So I used another tree there  - Retro Xmas Tree
 
I painted it with Green acrylic paint, covered it with texture paste,
 daubed it with red ink and golden gouache, and added some
 pearls and beaded thread to decorate the tree.
I didn't want to much painting, as the papers from Meg's Garden are
 very bright on their own. So I came back with heat embossing on my 
next chipboard pieces.
 
 
I added texture paste on Mini Santa's Sleigh and embossed it with 
Aged Mahagony and Golden embossing Distress powders.
  I just covered the Fine Snowflake with golden gouache and
 decorated it with the flower.
 
  The last project that I traditionally share with you is made for
 Manor House Creations.
It is a Christmas Wreath.
 
I used my  favorite fabric there - linen,
then added many flowers and Corner Whispy Vines
 
 
I have misted  these  with shimmers and covered them
slightly with gesso.
The same technique was used on Ornament Sampler
 
I hope you have enjoyed  my Christmas post and I wish you
Merry and bright holidays.
To find more inspiration with 2Crafty chipboard 
you are welcome to visit  my blog.
Photobucket 

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Absolutely stunning projects this month Elena. I love them all, but especially love what you did with the wreath, so clever and love the use of the chippie on it. Great job and a very Merry Christmas.

Keren Tamir said...

Stunning work as always Elena!! love all the projects they are amazing!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such gorgeous, stunning projects, Elena!! The wreath is my favorite!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Leonie said...

Elena these projects are just stunning. Your transparent tags are beautiful. Fantastic job on the off the page items!

Kelly Foster said...

My goodness, Elena, you rock the OTP projects!! Each of these is just fantastic..so full of detail and beauty!!

Di Garling said...

Such a wonderful lot of projects Elena. Love the transparent tags but I think the wreath has to be my favourite though. I just love the way you have used the chippie "ornament sampler" that way. Beautiful projects & as always, so so innovative.
Cheers Di xo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful projects, Elena! That wreath is so so stunning!!!

Fiona said...

Wow Elena, these are all just amazing! Can not pick a fave as they are all too beautiful for words! Awesome work.
Fiona
x

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow...such stunning work, Elena! It's hard to pick a favourite, but I really love your creativity on the wreath...absolutely gorgeous!