Hello everyone,
I’m happy to be back today to share my second inspiration for August.
For this layout, I chose a photo taken this summer of Mia and Leo, my grandchildren, surrounded by their cousins. Together, from the youngest to the oldest, they create such a lovely scene full of fun and togetherness, which was perfect for a summer and vacation-themed layout.
To complement the photo, I chose several words from the 6X6 Summertime Sheets to create my title, along with some beach-inspired elements from the Fishing Net Bits. I also used a piece from the Industriel Spring Set to add a graphic line and some dimension to my design.
2Crafty Chipboard used:
As always, I started by applying a thin layer of white gesso to the chipboards to prepare the surface before adding color.
The Fishing Net Bits were left white after the gesso application and tucked among the embellishments, perfectly complementing the seaside atmosphere.

For the Industrial Spring Set, I used Distress Oxide Stormy Sky, with a touch of Faded Jeans to highlight the details, then placed it underneath the photo to add a subtle graphic element and a little dimension to the layout.

For the words from the 6X6 Summertime Sheets, I used Distress Oxide Stormy Sky, then lightly highlighted some of the edges with Faded Jeans. For SPLASH, I added a touch of Salty Ocean to make it stand out and echo the shades of the sea.

I then played with the placement of the different words around the photo. The variety of fonts on the sheet adds lots of energy to the title and enhances the fun and spontaneous feel of the layout.
I hope this layout inspires you and gives you some ideas for using 2Crafty Chipboards
in your own creations.




