Saturday, April 20, 2024

You Rock - Laura Gilhuly

 Hi!

Laura back today to share my next layout for 2Crafty Chipboard!


The handsome young man is oldest Cody who really enjoys playing the guitar.  Music is a big part of his life.  I wanted to create a grungy masculine layout so I ripped, edged and used a stencil on the paper.



2Crafty Products used:


ATC Music Notes

Flourish 2

Grid Bits

Guitar

You Rock



I tucked the Flourish in behind the title and elements to give dimension after I inked it dark green and heat embossed it.  The title I wanted to stand out from the background and to achieve that I hightlighted the blue paint with copper paint



The guitar I covered in clear gesso, heat set, then applied green mist, watered down copper paint then inked with brown ink.



I also used green and brown ink on the Grid Bits and added a few painted music notes.


Thanks for looking