Friday, April 19, 2024

Double Trouble ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, welcome back to the fabulous 2Crafty Blog. We're glad you are here!

Today I am sharing a layout of a very cute little girl. She's sweet as sugar, but, she does have a bit of a diva attitude! I think it's in the breed, because we have other dogs, not Maltese, who don't act like her. They just act like dogs! This one is a princess, and she knows it! 


"Double Trouble"



2Crafty used:

Textured Tile Bits

Word Circle Set 1

4"Mandala no 2

Double Trouble


All of the chipboard was first coated with gesso. On this layout I used both black and white gesso.


Up top I used a piece of the Textured Tile Bits under the photo stack. I placed it here to create balance with the right side of the photo. I painted it with black Gesso to get a matte black. 

To the right of the Tile Bits piece, I added one of the circles from the Word Circle Set 1. I cut the actual word out and just used the circle because I needed something that was the right size for the circle word piece that I used. This fit perfectly. I painted it with Azure Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.


Here on the right of the photo I placed another piece of the Textured Tile Bits, also just painted with black Gesso. These fun little pieces a just right to add interest and dimension to your project.


 This photo captured her reflection, so I thought this title was very appropriate! I don't usually try to make the title the focus of a layout, but in this case I wanted the title, Double Trouble to really stand out. Underneath the title, I placed the 4" Mandala no 2 to give it a little pizazz. It looks black, but is actually painted with Azure Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, the same as the Word Circle Set piece.

Double Trouble was painted with White Acrylic Paint. In the design and composition of this layout, I used all the colors in the photo; black and white for the dog, and blue for her bow. I wanted the photo to pop against the light background, so I made the choice to use bold accents. 


So there it is, I hope you like it. I really like to create layouts documenting all aspects of life, pets notwithstanding. They make wonderful models, too!