Friday, April 5, 2024

you ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi ladies, welcome back to the blog.

Today I am sharing a layout using one of my favorite colors, purple. I remember doing this as a child on a lazy summer day. Oh, to be able to go back to those carefree days! Hope you like this and that it brings back memories for you as well.


"you"



2Crafty Inspiration:

you

Foliage Set 8

Interlocking Grid Panels

As I always say, gesso up your chippies!


I chose to place the title, you, up in the left corner just to make it pop and not get lost in the photo. I used Black Gesso to give it a matte finish, and to create continuity with the black on the bottom of the photo. Then I placed one of the Interlocking Grid Panel pieces underneath it. I painted the Grid Panel with one of my favorite mediums, Light Moss Green Viva Paper Soft Color. I really like this medium because you can control the depth of color you want to portray.


Here, tucked in the flowers, is a coupe of the Foliage Set 8 pieces. I painted them with White Acrylic Paint to break up the purple. I added another piece of the Interlocking Grid Panels underneath to extend to the design down. All of the Grid Pieces were painted with the Viva Color.


And then I added another Interlocking Grid Panel piece at the top right of the photo to create balance with the one at the bottom. I also added a very small piece of the Foliage Set 8.

 I try to use the rule of "3's" when I can. On this layout I used the Grid Panels in 3 places, the flowers and Foliage Set 8, too. I think it's easier on the eye.  


And that's it. A simple layout remembering the rule of "3"s. Hope you'll give it a try.

See you back in a few weeks.