Tuesday, April 9, 2024

'Be a Wildflower' by Emma Zappone

Hi everyone,
Em with you today, sharing an '8x10' canvas. 
I have been playing rather grungy of late, so for this one I thought I would pretty things up a little.



Using some stunning papers and colours along with the fab chippy this project evolved.

Here are the chipboard elements used....

4" Mandala
Skeleton Leaves
Fine Floral Photo Adornment
Frame Round Ornate




I painted all but the leaves with different Color Glow powders.
The Color Glows leave such a stunning shine on the chipboard.



I cut the frame in half and tiered them amongst the layers.



 Placing the Mandala behind the winged beauty, added depth and a halo like feel. I added white Gesso as a finishing touch to add detail and interest.



The leaves were left raw, with only the White Gesso giving them some dimension and character. These I also bent a little to give lift and curve. Hard to see in the photo sadly.



The delicacy of the photo adornment softened the overall concept.
 Adding that touch of whimsy and femineity.



I do hope my page inspires you to get crafty.

Till next time, Em xx