Thursday, December 14, 2023

"LOVE"
A Mixed Media Canvas
By Di Garling


Well hi there & hello. Di Garling here with you today.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Today I have a little mixed media canvas to share with you & it features
my youngest son & his beautiful family. I thought I would buy a little
easel to stand it on & give it to them as part of their Chrissy presents!!

2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Mini Branches
"LOVE" - title
Thin Rectangle Stacked Frames Set


So after creating my mixed media background, doing some fussy cutting,
doing lots of tearing & a little bit of "messy" paper punching, I then set
about altering my chipboard !!

For these gorgeous little "Mini Branches" I blobbed on some texture
paste with my fingers to create some texture & then coloured them up
with some watercolours. They are just a perfect partner
with my flower clustering. I have used three branches in total.


For the "LOVE" word title I simply gave it a coat of 
black acrylic paint. I really like the stark contrast the black
makes against the pastels!!


Lastly I used the largest size of the "Thin Stacked Rectangle Frames"
to frame my photo & to draw the eye to the photo which I think it achieves
perfectly. This frame was also just given a coat of black acrylic paint too.



Well thats all I have for you today. See you back here again in
 a couple of weeks with more inspiration.

Merry Christmas to one & all....🎄🎄