Thursday, October 19, 2023

“Merry Christmas”
Layout By Di Garling
With Some Added Mixed Media Effects

Hi there & hello. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Di Garling here with you today & 
I have a Christmas layout to share with you, my first for the season
 & it features these gorgeous photos of my eldest son & my granddaughter!!!
I adore these photos!!!💖💖💖

2Crafty Chipboard Used....
"Merry Christmas with Holly Branch" - title
Holly Leaves
Skeleton Clock Frames


So to start my layout off I used one of the 8" Skeleton Clock Frames
from the above 12" set. These are sooo versatile. 

All my chipboard was firstly base coated in white gesso & I
followed this by randomly sponging on some gold acrylic paint
onto the clock face frame. It just created a nice shabby look.

Next piece of chipboard to receive a touch of mixed media was the title,
"Merry Christmas with Holly Branch".
I really wanted this title to stand out.

 I dabbed some texture paste onto the holly leaves of the title & heated
them to make the texture paste bubble up some what. Next I painted the
leaves green & the words & berries in red. When dry I sponged a little gold
onto the green leaves to create some highlights & I finished off the words &
berries on the title with some "Glossy Accents" to really make them pop !!!

I was really pleased how this title turned out.
Just goes to show that by adding a little simple mixed media to your
chipboard you can really give them some WOW factor.

Lastly on my list of altering my chipboard for this layout were these beautiful
"Holly Leaves". I have painted them again with a few different colours of  metallic
paints before creasing them down the middle to give them some dimension.
I really think they are the icing on the cake of my flower clusters.


I am releasing this layout as another KIT.

For all the details, cost, how to order etc
pop over to MY BLOG.