Thursday, October 5, 2023

Memories - by Robin Schelin

 Hello ladies and welcome back to the blog. 

Today I am sharing a layout featuring one of the brand NEW chipboard pieces from 2Crafty,
 the 12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frame.
 What a gorgeous frame, looks like an antique clock. I thought it was perfect to showcase this
 photo of my granddaughter from a few years ago.
  Hope you like it!


"Memories"


Lovey 2Crafty pieces used:

12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames  - NEW

Mini Branches 

Memories of You


All of the chipboard pieces were first coated with white gesso before adding the various mediums to alter them. 


Here is the title. I cut off 'Memories' from the title Memories of You. It was a little too big using the whole title, so by cutting off the 'of You', I got a better fit for the space. I painted it with Naples Yellow Hue Acrylic Paint, then lightly brushed over it with white gesso to soften it up a bit.

Here also is one of the small Mini Branches peeking out from under the flowers. I Painted it with Viva Light Moss Green Paper Soft Color. I love to use this when I want green, especially for foliage. I use it a lot because it is so easy to control the amount and intensity of color.


And this is one of the wonderful NEW clocks from the 12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames. These clocks can be altered to look antique, vintage, modern or rustic, anything! I went for the rustic look here to compliment this photo of my granddaughter out in the woods. 

I first painted it with my fav green, Viva Light Moss Green Paper Soft Color. I painted it only lightly with the green, trying to match the greens in the photo. Then I lightly brushed and dabbed Raw Umber Acrylic Paint on the edges to give it an aged look.


On the bottom under the main flower cluster, I added one of the large branches from the Mini Branches to balance out the color and design. Also altered with my fav green.


Hope you like this and it has inspired you
 Will be back in a few weeks with more 2Crafty goodness!

 Bye for now...