Wednesday, July 5, 2023

DREAM in color - by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, welcome back to the blog. 

Today I'm sharing a very colorful layout with you. Probably the most colorful thing I've ever done.  To be truthful, using a lot of different colors kind of scares me. I'm always afraid the colors are going to clash and look "off". But I decided to give it a go and see what happened. This is what happened! I was pleasantly surprised that all the colors worked together and didn't look overwhelming.
 I hope you like it.

"DREAM in colour"



2Crafty that I used:

Flower Spurt Chain

Star Bubble Set

DREAM in colour

6" Circle Dot Frames



As is my thang, all the chippies were given a coat of white gesso to prime them.

Starting at the top of the layout, I used one of the very fun Circle Dot Frames. I thought this added a little bit of whimsy, and an opportunity to add more color. I first painted it with White Acrylic Paint, then painted the dots with Cadimum Red Deep Hue, Cadimum Orange Hue, Brilliant Purple and Light Blue Violet Acrylic Paints.

I placed one of the Flower Spurt Chains between the 2 photos to create separation. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint to brighten up that area.


Here at the bottom of the flower cluster on the left, I added a little bit of the Star Bubble Set. I painted it with Cadimum Red Deep Hue and Cadimum Orange Hue Acrylic Paint in keeping with the colors of the flowers on this side of the layout.


The title DREAM in colour was absolutely PERFECT!! I love it! I was so excited when I saw this title, I knew I was going to use it with these photos! {clap, clap, clap}

 I first painted the whole title with White Acrylic Paint, then painted the word "colour" in an explosion of color!! 

                                                                     c  -  Cadimum Red Deep Hue
                                                                     o  -  Cadimum Orange Hue
                                                                     l   -  Naphthol Crimson 
                                                                     o  -  Light Blue Violet
                                                                     u  -  Brilliant Purple
                                                                     r   -  Brilliant Yellow Green

I also added a little bit of the Star Bubble Set under the flower cluster on the right, painting them with Brilliant Purple, Light Blue Violet, and Brilliant Yellow Green in keeping with the colors on this side of the layout.

                                              
         

Here at the bottom right, I couldn't resist adding more color! I mean, why not? I've gone this far!! Anyway, I just placed the smallest frame from the Circle Dot Frames and painted it with the same colors to match the one up top. Then added the flowers to the center.


I hope you are inspired to use a LOT of color on your projects. 
It can be a little intimidating, but my guess is that you will love it in the end!!

See you back in a couple of weeks...