Friday, June 30, 2023

'Scenic Route' by Emma Zappone

Hello 2crafty friends.
Emma with you today, and I'm sharing a little 'head in the clouds' themed layout.



I had a little fun creating with the chipboard this time. I wanted 'clouds' to
 compliment the image.

Let's have a look at what chipboard I chose....

Assorted Mini Camera Set
Scribble Flowers
Clock Face Discs
Wing Set 2



So to make the cloud effect take shape I used a couple of the backgrounds
from the scribble flowers set. I primed them with White Gesso and then started
 to add paper paste. while the paste was wet, I used my finger to 'prick' the
 paste to add a fluffy finish.



Once dry and adhered to the page, I started to add a little colour to compliment
the page. Finishing with a layer of wax and dry brush paint to show off the texture.



I chose 2 of the pin points from the camera set pieces, and painted them
 with black gesso. Then stamped with an oxide ink to add subtle texture.




These magnificent wings are embossed with a soft pink to compliment
the image and add a drama for the eye to enjoy.
These wings and embossing powder just work so well together.




I also finished the clock disc with a little of the emboss powder, to add
 another visual interest amongst the layers.



I really love how all these pieces work with one another, adding depth and layers.

I do hope this page inspires you a little.

I will catch you all soon.
Stay Crafty, Em xx