Friday, June 23, 2023

Always wear your Invisible Crown - by Robin Schelin

 Hi everybody! Welcome to the blog.

 Robin here, sharing a layout that should remind us all to wear our invisible crowns!
We all have one, so why not wear it!!
This photo spoke to me, and I knew I had to use this title with it.
 Hope you like it.


"Always wear your Invisible Crown"


2Crafty used:

Always wear your Invisible Crown

Ginny's Flourish Set

Circle Revolution Frames

Mini Flourish Bits



All the chipboard was first given a coat of white gesso to seal it. If it's not sealed, then using watercolors as I have done here, you would have a big soggy mess! Trust me!!

Starting up at the top left, I have inserted flourishes from Ginny's Flourish Set amongst the flowers. I used "Champagne" from the Prima Shimmering Watercolor Set to add color and a little shimmer.

I also used the same color for the Circle Revolution Frame circling the layout.


Here on the right is one of the ever so wonderful Mini Flourish Bits.  Also treated with "Chandelier" from the Shimmering Lights Watercolor set.


And here is yet another little swirly from the Mini flourish Bits done the same way. I altered all the flourishes, and the circle revolution frame, the same way. I think this created a soft subtle flow around the layout. 

Because of the soft colors on the paper and the softness of the photo, any darker, or combination of different colors on the chipboard would have been too overwhelming. The photo would be lost. The flowers add enough color to balance out the composition.


For the title, Always wear your Invisible Crown, I did, however, mix it up a little bit to draw attention to this area. 

On the words 'Always wear your', I also used Prima's Shimmering Lights. But for this I used "Antique". This is a little bit darker than the color on the Circle Revolution Frame so gives a little bit of subtle contrast. 

I used Shimmering Lights "Chandelier" on the word 'Invisible' to try to get it to blend in with the Revolution Frame, and thus become invisible. Not totally, but it is lighter.

On the word 'Crown', I used "Bear" from Prima's Woodlands Watercolor Set.
This was to match the brown on the paper and flowers.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
I hope you have been inspired by this layout.
 I'll be back in a few weeks with more to share.