Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Perfect as YOU are ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi everyone. Welcome back to the fabulous 2Crafty blog. 

I trust that you all are doing well as spring is in the air, and things are finally warming up. At least here in the US. For all you Aussie folks gearing up for winter, brace yourselves!

Today I am sharing a muted layout in beautiful peach colors. I love the softness and feminine look of peach and grey together. Hope you like it!


"Perfect as YOU are"


Beautiful 2Crafty chippies used are:

Leafy Shrub Set 1

Mini Branches

6" Clock Face Frames

Leat Twig Branches

Perfect as YOU are


As I always do, I first coated all the chipboard with white gesso to seal it.

Up top is one of the 3 Clock Face Frames that I used on this project. I first coated it with white gesso, then went over it slightly with black gesso using a sponge dauber. 

I used the same technique on the little leafy swirl beneath it. This piece is a leftover bit that I cut off from another piece previously used on another layout. Sorry, I can't remember which piece I cut it off from! Or which layout I used it on!! Old age and all! Anyway, it fit perfectly here. Remember to save everything, but also remember to put it back in the package so you know what it is!!


Here on the title, Perfect as YOU are,  I painted the words Perfect, as, and are with Sweet Melon Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. This is an oldie, but a goodie and works great on chipboard. Easy to apply and gives a really pretty shine.

The word YOU was painted with White Acrylic Paint to break up the title and add a little contrast.


On the bottom, I added a leaf from the Leafy Shrub Set 1. One of the Mini Branches is tucked up under the small flowers next to the title. And then there is another one of the clocks from the 6" Clock Face Frames under the main flower cluster. All of these were first painted with white gesso, and them gone over slightly with black gesso using a sponge dauber. I wanted all the swirlies and the clocks to match the grey leaves on the patterned paper.


Here is another one of the Mini Branches on the right of the flower cluster. Also used the same technique, white with a little black gesso. 

And here also is the last clock from the Clock Face Frames. I added a die-cut clock in the center to add interest. I think it balances out the layout since I used white on part of the title.



Finally, coming back up to the top on the right is the branch from the Leafy Twig Branches. Using the branch here brings the layout full circle. It also was done with white and a little black gesso. 


And there it is, done. I hope this inspires you. Thats it for this time. See you back in a few weeks with another project using more fabulous 2Crafty gorgeousness!!