Friday, March 24, 2023

A home is not a home without a Dog
By Charmane Sharp

 



I know you all know how special my girls are to me. I wanted to
 make a special layout for each of them to frame. Beginning with 
the Folk Heart I applied Gesso to the back and sides and covered 
the top with paper from Scrap and Me. Then I scored the middle
so I could bend it up a little for dimension. Finding a focal point
 to start is a great way to build a layout from.



2Crafty Chipboard used...

10' Decorative Panel- Solid Folk Heart
Window Shutter set 2
11' Butterfly Clock Frame
Tattered Hearts
Title- A home is not a home without a Dog
Photo Adornment- Sammi's Swirl




Making the Window Shutter look distressed was so much fun.
I painted it with Gesso and while still damp I rubbed some 2Crafty
packaging over it in spots and peeled off to remove some of the
layers. Easy way to make them look like they have been in the sun
for years.




By cutting Sammi's Swirl up I get lots of gorgeous swirls
to place around my layout. Applying two colours of wax gives a
nice muted finish with some of my splatters landing on also.




Absolutely perfect title that was rubbed with wax and then a light 
rub of black ink to make it pop off the background.




I wanted the worn clock part but not the butterfly so I cut it off,
applied Gesso and sprinkled some Lavendar Embossing Powder
randomly over it. This gives an uneven finish to match the worn
Shutters. Tucking it under the Folk Heart adds details under the
raised edges.




Blending waxes on the Tattered Hearts matches the other elements
on my layout. Lovely pieces tucked in to reflect the love I have 
for Kaylee. Hope I have inspired you to create a layout an frame it.


Until next time...

Charmane x