Thursday, March 23, 2023

A Glimpse of You by Robin Schelin

Hi everyone, welcome back to the blog. 

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite layouts with you. I absolutely LOVE the swirls and flourishes from 2Crafty! So beautiful and fancy!! Most of my layouts, well all of them actually, are quite feminine. So I use  flourishes like these a lot. Hope you like it. 


"A Glimpse of You"



Beautiful Chipboard used:

Corine's Flourish 

Circular Leafy Frame

A Glimpse of You

Ginny"s Flourish Set

Circle Cluster Frame


All of the chipboard was first treated with white gesso. I used watercolors on the chipboard, and the gesso was the perfect base so that the chipboard didn't get waterlogged and soggy.


I painted the Circle Cluster Frame with Prima's Confetti Watercolor Set using Purple. I mounted the frame behind the photo and used a piece of chipboard underneath it to raise it up to rest on top of the Circular Leafy Frame. This not only allowed the photo to lay flush, but created a kind of fuzzy look to the frame because it created shadows when photographed. This was a pleasant surprise, I think it looks unique!

Along the left side of the photo, I placed one of the 2 Corine's Flourishes I used.  Also painted with the Confetti Watercolor Set in Purple. I cut the bottom part of the flourish and moved it down amongst the flowers.


The flourishes from Ginny's Flourish Set on the right were also painted with Prima's Confetti Watercolor Set in Purple and set at the top and bottom of the flower cluster.


Here is the second Corine's Flourish. I placed it at the bottom to create balance to this side of the layout. I also cut a small piece off to place next to the title. This was painted with the same Purple from the Prima Confetti Watercolor set. 

I cut the leaves and the swirls from the Circular Leafy Frame. I just wanted to use the circle part of it. The leaves and swirls looked too crowded with the flower cluster on top, so I cut it off and will use it on another project. I did, however, use the 3 extensions from the leaves on the end of the circle. Just thought it needed something there. The Circular Leafy Frame was painted with Prima's Woodlands Watercolor Set using Mist. I used white gesso on the edges to mimic the softness of the stripes on the paper in the bottom of the layout.

The title, A Glimpse of You painted with White Acrylic Paint. I wanted a simple treatment of this so it would be easily seen among all the other colors.


And that's it. Watercolors are a beautiful way to alter your chipboard. Lends to the softness of any layout and the colors are endless!

Until next time, stay safe and stay crafting...