Thursday, February 9, 2023

"Gypsy Soul" ~ by Robin Schelin

Hello everyone! Welcome to the blog.

 Today I'm sharing my first layout for February.  I created something a little moody this time.
I usually don't use so much black on my projects, a little out of my comfort zone. But I
think her "gypsy-ness" needed it! Hope you like it.


"Gypsy Soul"


Gorgeous 2Crafty I used:

Weeping Vine
6" Clock Face Frames
Leafy Shrub Set 1
Leafy Shrub Set 2
Foliage Set 8
Mini Flourish Bits
Gypsy Soul Title






Here we have elements from Leafy Shrub Set 1,  Leafy Shrub Set 2 and Foliage Set 8.
These were all altered the same. I first coated them with Black Gesso, then painted over
them with Black Glass Effects Gel.


This is the gorgeous Weeping Vine. I cut it up a bit and used it here and at the Botton right
of the photo. I first coated it with White Gesso, then went over it very lightly with
Black Gesso. I love how it turned out. Just enough black to make it stand out.

I tucked in the 6" Clock Face Frame here to balance out the composition by using Black
Gesso and Black Glass Effects Gel the same as on all of the black chipboard on this layout.



And here is one of my "go to" pieces, one of the Mini Flourish Bits. These little flourishes
are so pretty and are just the right size when you need something for a small space.
Love them!!


For the title, Gypsy Soul,  I first heat embossed the word "Gypsy" with black embossing
powder then painted over it with Black Glass Effects Gel. Embossing it first made it very shiny.
For the word "Soul", I used Distress Grit Pate mixed with Black Gesso, then applied
White Gesso over it.


Since we are off and running into 2023, I hope you are back to creating beautiful things!

See you back in a few weeks...