Monday, January 23, 2023

"hello" ~ by Robin Schelin

"hello" everyone!

 Welcome to the wonderful 2Crafty Blog!

Today I'm sharing my first layout of the year. I chose this photo with this title to say "hello" to you all, and to the new year. 

This is one of my favorite photos of the little financial drains!
(Just kidding, not really. Worth every cent!)
I love them and they love to be outside, walking ME! 

Hope you like it!


"hello"

Beautiful 2Crafty Chippies used:

Eve's Border

Foliage Set 9

Film Strips Small

hello


Per my usual, I first gave all the chippies a coat of White Gesso because that's what I do to ensure true color.


Starting at the top left, here is some of the Foliage Set 9. I heat embossed them with Green Embossing Powder, then dabbed over the tips with White Gesso to soften them up a bit.


I knew I wanted to use the Film Strip tucked in under the photo here on the top right, and on the bottom left of the photo. I decided that it needed something to make it pop, so I cut and inserted a little piece of Eve's Border which I heat embossed with Ultra Thick White Embossing Powder.

The Film Strip here, and on the bottom of the layout, was painted with Pink Acrylic Paint. 


I mirrored the bottom to the top. I like how it turned out giving the composition balance.



The title hello is the focal point of the layout. I LOVE how this looks! I used 49&Market frames under the photos that are quite thick. That, with everything else placed on top of them, gave super added dimension. 

I heat embossed hello with Ultra Thick White Embossing Powder and balanced it on the frames between the 2 photo clusters. Placing the title "in the air" gives a wonderful shadow effect.


So there it is, hope you like it, and hope you are inspired by my goofy girls!

See you again next month.....