Wednesday, September 7, 2022

tis, the season
By Charmane Sharp



Hello everyone, Charmane here with you today
to share a layout I created with papers by Scrapandme.

They aren't Christmas papers but the colours were so pretty that I 
thought the red in them reminded me of Christmas. I had these
 photos of my hubby being cheekywith me on Christmas Eve that 
needed to be scrapped to remind my family that Dad has a great 
sense of humour. 

 


2Crafty Chipboard used...

Elegant Hearts
Brushstroke Tree
Foliage set 6
Mini Title stick Christmas
Mini Christmas Baubles




After coating my chipboard choices with Gesso I set about colouring
them. Beginning with the Elegant Heart which I painted with Finnabair
Metallique Royal Red for a stylish finish to sit on my resin frame.

 


Love how versatile the foliage sets are. Set 6 became Christmas inspired
by painting red berries on and adding Prima Metallic Accent Watercolour
in Stardust for a soft green to the leaves. Rose Gold Wax was added to the 
outside of the leaves for contrast. They look beautiful scattered around my 
layout amongst my fussy cut pieces.




The two sets of Baubles add another Christmas element to my layout.
I painted them with with Finnabair Sparks Butterfly Spells and Opal
Magic Rose Gold. I sponged over them to blend and create texture as 
if they were shiny and sparkling in the light.




These title sticks are so handy and easy to use. After a coat of the Royal
Red. I used my finger to rub some Rose Gold wax over the top lightly.
This allowed the text to be highlighted in a brighter red.




Using the Brushstroke Tree tucked under the frames at the top gave a
finishing touch to reflect the tree in my photos. Painted with Finnabair
Metallique Spring Blossom it coordinates with the Resin Frame nicely.
The edges then had some Rose Gold wax applied to create a shadow.

By mixing some Christmas Chipboard pieces with other ones, the
combination comes together to reflect on a wonderful memory. 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

Until next time...

Charmane x