Thursday, September 8, 2022

'Dreaming' by Emma Zappone - BONUS VIDEO

Hello Everyone, Emma sharing a 12x12 Layout and process video with you all today.

This page is bright, pattern friendly and it uses some bold and uncomplicated chipboard.
This one is entitled - 'Dreaming'.



Now lets check out the chippy......
Circle Revolution
Dotty Bits




For this page I chose to use the 'negative' pieces of the 'circle revolution' chipboard allowing the thicker chippy to be played with. 



As you see here in picture, the yellow and green circles are the chipboard elements. 



These 2 pieces have both been painted with acrylic mediums and then stamped. The effect is so very cool and bold. They really compliment the paper range used. 



The panel under the tags with the texture in this image above is also a chipboard 'negative'. This piece was primed with white gesso and then a crackle paste was added. While the paste was still wet I pressed a stamp into it and then heat set. Once dry I started to paint with a liquid acrylic and some waxes to get the distressed look I wanted. You can see this being achieved in the video.



The awesome Dotty Bits were also primed with White Gesso and then painted with a red acrylic, but to tone it down to match the papers, I added a brown wash over the top. Once dry I stamped with white modelling paste to create texture and interest on top of the bits.



How cool and fun it was to use what we might usually think of as off cuts.
These are design elements in themselves.



You will see all these elements and more come together in my video. I hope you enjoy the process.



Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope my page inspires you.

Stay crafty, Em xx