Saturday, March 5, 2022

"Gorgeous" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone 

Welcome back to the blog. Well, it's March, so Spring is just around the corner...can't wait!!
I don't know about you, but I'm about done with Winter!!

I have a feminine layout to share with you today, using soft colors. I chose to use a b&w photo on this layout and I really like how the pinks and greys compliment this photo. 

 I hope you like it.


"Gorgeous" 



2Crafty Magic used:

Gorgeous 

Foliage Set 8

Iron Fence

Leafy Shrub Set 1

Snowball Tree

Elegant Flourish





As always, I first used gesso on all my chipboard pieces. This time using both white and black gesso.




On the title Gorgeous I first coated it with white gesso, then painted it with White Acrylic Paint.

I used black gesso on the Iron Fence, then went over it with Steel Viva Decor Ferro Paint. I love how this gives it a metal finish.





The Foliage Set 8 was also first coated with black gesso, followed with 
steel Viva Decor Ferro Paint. Then I dabbed on a little Silver Acrylic Paint to brighten it up a bit.

On the Bottom is one of the Leafy Shrub Set 1 that was painted first with white gesso, then White and Pink Acrylic Paint before rubbing them with a little white gesso.




I used white gesso on the Leafy Shrub Set 1 before painting the stems with White Acrylic Paint and painting the leaves with Pink Acrylic Paint. I then rubbed a little white gesso over the leaves to soften them up. All the pieces from the Leafy Shrub Set were done the same.




I used the same treatment on the Snowball Tree as I did on the Foliage Set 8 to balance out the top and bottom of the layout.

Here also is more of the Leafy Shrub Set 1.




The Elegant Flourish here was coated with white gesso, then painted with White and Pink acrylic Paint.


And there you have it.  A soft feminine layout.  I didn't use a lot of mediums on this layout, but I think that the colors draw the eye to the b&w photo beautifully!

See you back in a few weeks, take care and stay inspired!