Friday, January 7, 2022

'I know I'm Home' - with Emma Zappone plus bonus VIDEO

 Hello!! It's January 2022!!
Hope you all had a safe and happy new year!
I hope I can inspire you with my first 2Crafty project and video for the year.



I have realized over the past year or so that I love the vintage vibe. So this year my goal is play to that theme but with my twist on it. This layout has a Vintage feel with a grunge twist.
 Beautiful chipboard helps too. Here are the pieces featured....

Flower Doilies
Steampunk Strips
Decorative Geo Panel




I again kept the finishes simple. The Geo panel was primed with black gesso to start with. Once dry,  I applied a wax to add highlights over sections so that it popped against the background colours and the paper layers that would sit on top.



The Doily and Steampunk Strips were painted with crackle paste and once dry a purple Oxide was applied to the top. Then I made them shine more with a coating of Clear emboss powder.



I love how the colour hasn't completely covered the white crackle. It adds to the vintage/aged feel.



You can see all my finishes and how this layout came together in my process video.



I know I have said it before, but I will say it again, and that is why I just love how the chipboard interacts with all other embellishments. Super versatile.

Enjoy watching the video here....



Stay safe, stay crafty, Em xx