Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Life In pictures by Emma Zappone

Hello Lovelies!
Em with you on the blog today sharing a vintage/nature vibed piece.
This project is created using some bookplates that are heavily layered and are created on
its own with no background paper etc. 

I guess it's a little like making a large tag, or mini layout. And of course the chipboard pieces compliment these pages perfectly.



These are the glorious chipboard items.....

Leafy Shrub Set
Tiny Leaf Stems
Mini Tags





I decided to play around with the chipboard more than I usually do. In saying that the
finishes chosen were still simple to execute.



For the Tiny Leaf Stems I chose to paint them in a beautiful green acrylic and then dusted
them lightly with an embossing powder. 



I wasn't after complete coverage on the leaves so leaving them random suited me and
gave way to more detail & interest.



The piece that I chose from the Leafy shrub set was painted with the same green acrylic
as the leaves and this time a clear emboss glaze was used over to create a shine and allow
the green to shine through.
Then the little mini tags were painted in a blue acrylic. Once these were dried I added rub-ons
to create a worn vintage finish but totally compliment the background papers used.



I love the over all look to this piece and the chipboard and resin really make this creation
a stand out for me. I love these colour tones too.

I hope it has inspired you a little.
Happy crafting friends and I will see you later in the month.

Em xx