Tuesday, November 23, 2021

"Winter Wonderland" by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog.

Hope this finds you all well and busy crafting away as the holidays approach.  

Today I am sharing a frosty winter layout with you.  In my neck of the woods winter is here!  Seems like we barely had a fall at all this year. 

I love winter. The crisp clean air, the silence of the snowfall, and the crackle of the fireplace!
 Aaaand, I get to make winter layouts!!

Hope you like it!


"Winter Wonderland"



2Crafty Chippies used:

Amelia's Frames
Winter Wonderland
Crystal Snowflakes
Mini Flourish Bits
Flourish Adornment Set 5
Doily Disc Set 1




As always, I give all my chipboard a nice coating of white gesso. Nothing worse than soggy, droopy chipboard!!  You know what I mean!!



Starting from the top, I used the squiggly part of Amelia's Frames on a previous layout, and saved the circle part for another day.  Well, today was that day.  I never throw anything away because you never know when it will be perfect for another project.
I painted it with Glass Effects Contour Black Gell. 



On the title, Winter Wonderland, I painted it with black Acrylic Paint, then dabbed the tops with Ranger Distress Grit Paste for a snowy look.

I used the same treatment on both the Mini Flourish bits and the Flourish Adornment Set 5.  I painted on a layer of Art extravagance Paper Texture Paste then sprinkled on some Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter.

I used white Acrylic Paint followed with a sprinkling of Distress Sickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter on the Crystal Snowflakes, then placed a clear rhinestone in the middle of each. These are scattered throughout the layout.




I placed the second circle from Amelia's Frames underneath the doily from the Doily Disc Set 1.  I painted the doily with grey Acrylic Paint, then dabbed some Ranger  Distress Grit Paste over it for a snowy effect.  Then I placed a black Rhinestone in the center.


Well, that's it for now. I hope you like it and are inspired to create some winter layouts of your own.
 Be back in a few days to start sharing some Christmas projects. Can you believe it's that time of the year already? 

Stay safe, stay warm and keep crafting!