Wednesday, July 21, 2021

"treasure" by Robin Schelin

 Hi Everyone!  Welcome back to the blog! 

Today I'm sharing a rather moody layout.  I love this photo!  When I saw it, I knew what I was going to try to accomplish with it. To me it looks like she is deep in thought.  I titled this "treasure where your heart takes you," because it reminded me of times of reflection.  I have many things treasured up in my heart, so I thought it was appropriate.

I hope you like it!


"treasure where your heart takes you" 


I think that the chipboard makes this layout.  I love that 2Crafty has such a vast variety to choose from.  I have always found beautiful, perfect pieces for all my projects!!


2Crafty Chipboard I used:

Geo Panel

Fine Word Set 1

Amelia's Frames

6" Revolution Frames

Squiggle Border

Corner Gemma's






I cut up the Corner Gemma's and used them on the left of the photo under the flowers to give added texture and interest, also softening the edge of the photo.  I used white gesso followed with white acrylic paint.

I Love the Circle Revolution Frames!  I think it gave just the right amount of balance to the left side of the photo.  I used white gesso over the whole thing, then painted the outer 2 circles with white Acrylic Paint, then painted the center one with lavender Acrylic paint.



On the Squiggle Border, (don't you LOVE it?) I also used white gesso followed with white Acrylic Paint. I just love the Pop this piece gives the whole layout!

I cut up the Geo Panel and used I on the right of the photo, above the photo, also on the right.  Then lastly, on the bottom underneath the photo.  I used white gesso, then painted them with lavender Acrylic Paint. I wiped white gesso over them with a paper towel to soften them up.



Here's the Squiggle Border again.  I used the same white gesso and acrylic paint on this one too, but I cut it down.  I think it gives perfect balance to this side of the layout.



For the title from the Fine Word Set 1, following the white gesso, I applied the same lavender Acrylic Paint.  I wiped white gesso over it a little heavier than the what I did on the Geo Panel because I wanted it to pop more.

I cut the circle part off the Amelia's Frames and just used the squiggly ends.  I want to kind of match the Squiggle Border as best I could. I added them on the top right and bottom left of the photo. I heat embossed them with Ranger White Embossing Puffs.



That's it for me for today.  Be safe everyone, I will see you again in a couple of days with a bright, summery layout!  Happy crafting!!