Friday, April 23, 2021

A Glimpse of you - By Robin Schelin

           Hello everyone!  Welcome to the 2Crafty Blog where inspiration abounds! 

 Hoping all is well with you and you are enjoying some nice spring weather where you are.  It is finally starting to warm up a little here in Colorado. I am definitely ready to put the coats and snow shovels away and get out the shorts!  

I'm back to share with you another project featuring some of the beautiful chipboard pieces exclusive to 2Crafty Chipboard. There is such a large variety of pieces to choose from, you can always find the perfect pieces for your projects!


A Glimpse of you

Photo credit:  Pinterest


2Crafty Chipboard pieces I used:

Fancy Set 2 Borders

Leafy Shrub Set 2

Mini Swirls Set 1

Lattice Leaves

A Glimpse of you


I kept this layout simple without too many embellishments, concentrating mainly on the chipboard pieces. I used white gesso and white acrylic paint on the title,  A Glimpse of of You  to contrast with the black background then blend in with the patterned paper and photo.  On the berries on the "Leafy Shrub Set 2" I  used "its a girl" Blue Fern Studios embossing powder.



Again, I used white gesso then white acrylic paint on this piece from the Leafy Shrub set 2 and embossed the leaves with the same embossing powder.  The Lattice Leaves were covered with white gesso then painted with white acrylic paint.



For the Fancy Set 2 Borders, I also use white gesso over all of this piece. I painted the tips with white acrylic paint and embossed the rest with the same "it's a girl" embossing powder. I painted the Mini Swirl Set 1 the same as I painted all the other white pieces.



I love using black and white photos, especially on a dark background with a pop of color.
 I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to focus on using your chipboard pieces on your  projects!

Until next month, happy crafting!