Tuesday, November 13, 2018

'Choose Happy' by Elisa Ablett - Mandala inspiration for November


Hi Crafters 💙💚💙💚💙💚

Elisa here with the first of my November inspirations for you.

Have  you seen the gorgeous new Mandala Chipboard Designs as yet??

If you haven't check with your local stockist to order your sets today, they are absolutely beautiful.

For my latest layout, I wanted to create a free spirited boho inspired layout to go with the Title piece - Choose Happy and the funny and cheeky photo of my great niece who is quite the free spirited character.

I had some lovely new inks from Avery Elle I wanted to try and some lovely metal flowers as well.

A tip for you all - grab out all your old hand punches I love using my circle punches, punch out some lovely watercolour paper and stamp with a mandala stamp or flower stamp to match the chippie. Then add your inks over the top, handy little hand crafted embellies for your page.

Here are the 2Crafty Chipboard products and links that I used on my layout:- 





Here are my close ups, lets have a look at how I altered my chipboard to match:-

 The title 'Choose Happy' I decided I wanted a two toned embossing to match the inks 
featured in the background. I started with the lightest powder at the top, embossed and then added the darker blue powder to the bottom half of the title and then embossed. 


I also embossed the 4" Mandala and Flower Medallion piece, firstly with a white glitter powder and then while still hot I sprinkled the middle of each piece with the lighter turquoise and blue colour and heat embossed so they melted together.
 I hand coloured each of the hearts with a blue posca paint pen while they were still in the negative chipboard frame to make it easier, then when they had dried, I carefully popped them out and glued them to my page.


To add extra interest to my chippie pieces, I added hand stamped punched circles that I had coloured with the inks and mounted them to the page over the top of the Chipboard with 3D mounting foam, this ties the page and boho theme in quite nicely.






That's it from me today, make sure you leave me some love in the comments!

Hugs xx

Elisa