Thursday, May 5, 2016

Softness for the Month of May
By Jennifer Snyder


Hello. 
 Jennifer Snyder here today to share some of the pieces I created through the month.  
 I have a layout and a card.  I'll start with the layout first.  

BUT before I start...
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.

 I created this using the May Flying Unicorns kit, which featured Prima papers. 

I added the following chipboard pieces from 
2Crafty :  "Formal Flourish 1", "Cheryl's Floral Frame Set",  "Chicken Wire - Medium".




I painted all the chipboard pieces with cream colored acrylic paint.  Next, 
 I coated the  "Formal Flourish 1" and  "Cheryl's Floral Frame Set" with 
Vintage Ivory embossing powder.  This has tiny flecks of gold in it for a 
cool effect and bits of vintage elegance.  

The  "Chicken Wire" chipboard was left just painted. 
 

You can see in these images that the chipboard just blends nicely.  




Next, I'd like to show you a baby card I created using  some adorable 
2Crafty chipboard pieces as my focal points.  



The 2Crafty chipboard pieces used here are: 
2Crafty Chipboard - " Mini Rulers"  and  "Teddy Bears".

The  "Teddy Bears" are the sweetest chipboard bears I have ever seen -
 complete with delicate details that are perfect for my baby card.  

I created a wash by adding a little water to some gesso and painting it lightly
 on both chipboard pieces.  The details are too adorable to cover up with paint
 or chunky treatments. I also think the clean and fresh feel of the white wash 
works well with the baby themed card.    



Thanks for stopping by and following the creativity here at 2Crafty.  

Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.



Products and Links:
2Crafty Chipboard - Mini Rulers set of 3 m00406
2Crafty Chipboard   - Teddy Bears m00281
2Crafty Formal Flourish 1 - pa 0031
2Crafty - Cheryl's Floral Frame Set 120082
2Crafty - Chicken Wire Medium m00481


Photobucket