Saturday, May 24, 2014

May Inspiration
Three Layouts to Share
By Di Garling

 
"Heritage"
 
Hi there, thanks for calling in the blog. Today I have three
layouts to share with you & naturally I have used loads of 
gorgeous 2 Crafty chipboard. I started this layout off with
lots of background treatments, followed up with lots of
fussy cutting, this paper was perfect for that, then I attacked
my chipboard.
 

First up I started with one of the many 2 Crafty chippie titles,
"Heritage" which was perfect for my vintage layout.


I have also used some pieces of the "Leafy Shrub Set #3"
to tuck in here & there amongst the flowers. These are the
perfect accessory to include with any flower cluster.


In this pic you can see I have also used a "Henri's Tiny Frame"
for my quote, which says.....
"Time is measured in minutes,
Life is measured in moments".
I thought these words were perfect for my vintage layout.


All the chipboard I have used on this layout was firstly given a coat of gesso.
This makes a huge difference to chipboard, kind of like an undercoat &
makes a perfect base for most paints, mists, inks or whatever.

I then covered the title & shrub set with two coats of
"Silks" glaze. This works so well on chipboard. You just
brush it on & it gives a gorgeous shimmery effect. 
I actually used two different colours to get just the right
 shade that I was after.


The "Tiny Henris Frame" was given a coat of white acrylic paint after the gesso
& when dry I dabbed a little "Stickles" glitter on for effect.
 
 
 
"A Moment Captured"
 
For my second layout today I have used these pics of myself & my eldest son Beau.
These were taken two years ago & I was waiting for just the right layout & I thought
this was it. A special "Mother & Son Moment".
 

I thought this 2Crafty chippie title, "A Moment Captured" was just perfect.
I simply inked it with a black "Distress Ink". It doesn't get much easier than that.


Next up I used some 2Crafty "Polaroid Frames" to make my photos stand out.
I have heat embossed these with some
"Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in a Vintage Photo colour".
  I love how this makes the chipboard look really grainy & textured.
Next I wiped a little "Viva Paste in gold" over to highlight all the
yummy texture.



In these two pics you can see I have also used some of the 2Crafty
chippie "Dandelions" & simply tucked them in with my flowers to create
this lovely cluster. As before, I have simply inked them firstly with
"Distress Ink in the colour Vintage Photo". After that I again wiped
them over with some more "Viva Paste in Gold".

 
 
"Make A Wish"

For my third layout today I wanted to show you this one I did, based on this
 moodboard  for the current challenge over at
 challenge blog. 2Crafty is one of the major sponsors  there this month & some of us
girls from the 2Crafty design team were invited to be guest designers, so this
was the layout I did.


 Scrap Around the World May Moodboard

There is soooo much yummy glitter on this layout but unfortunately
it just doesn't show up in the photos.

 Naturally I have used loads of gorgeous 2Crafty chippies
including these chippie circles which came in the
"6" Skeleton Clock Frames Pack" 
& I simply painted them white..


Here I have used one of their new titles, "Make a Wish" which suited the whole
birthday theme of my layout. After first applying gesso, I brushed it with some
"Silks Glaze" in pink then applied a little "Stickles Glitter" in gold.


Next I added one of the 2Crafty "Twinkling Fairies" which I simply painted white
& then added some more "Stickles Glitter" in gold to keep the whole
celebration theme happening.



Lastly I have added some balloons from the "12" Party Theme Pack".
These were treated the same as my title.


As always, lots of background treatments.


 Thats all from me today, I hope I have inspired you to get hold of some of
this fabulous 2Crafty chipboard for your next project too,
check out their website to see all their amazing designs.

Contact 2Crafty to find a stockist near you
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

If you would like to see  more of my work containing lots
of fabulous 2Crafty chipboard, please call by my blog.

Until next month.

t
 
 Photobucket