Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bellas Second Splint - Anthea

One thing I love about Scrapbooking is that it helps us to preserve those memories that matter no matter how perfect or imperfect that photo may be, they all deserve to have their story told. Here this little girl had endured operation after operation and weeks in hospital with multiple splints, and I felt that their story had to be told (the little girl is 100% healthy now and we will be helping to celebrate her 1st birthday in a couple of weeks)



This Flower was coated in Twinkling H20s and then once it was dry I outlined it in a Black Gel Pen, I also tied some string around the centre of the flower. For the
Butterfly I used Twinkling H20s again, but once that was dry I dabbed lightly some distress ink. When you buy your new ink pads they are just loaded with ink, I find this is a great way to add a touch of colour to the chipboard by just lightly dabbing it onto the outer edges of the designs.


For this border I cut one of the Scallop Borders in half length ways and then coated it in a white Distress in pad. Once that was dry I stamped an image along the length of the chipboard. I love to stamp on my chipboard as this adds a individualised look to the designs.
That's all for today, thanks for stopping by



Anthea