Friday, September 27, 2024

"His Forever Smile"
Layout
With Amy Voorthuis

Goodmorning creative friends, 
Today I share a layout with a picture of a wonderful three year old boy named "Phoenix McKay" who tragically lost his life on september 14th. He was my cousin Jaime & Weston {her husband} their little boy and he sadly got hit by a car. For me making this layout is a way to cope with the grief I feel, but also for them to celebrate his amazing short life. 


His Forever Smile

Amazing 2Crafty Chipboard used: 
Fine Word Set 1
His Smile
Baby Boy Title
Heart Clumps
Loopy Heart Swirl
Funky Heart Swirls
Squiggly Circle Arrow Journal Spots
Photo Corners & Name Plates



The phrase "His Smile" I altered with some paper I used and then cut it out along the lines after that I added some brown wax on the outlines. The word "Forever" is placed on top of that phrase and was treated with two layers of white embossing powder. I did the same with the loopy heart swirl but behind the open hearts I also placed some paper form the collection I used. 



For the funky hearts swirls I spray painted them, after I treated all my chippies I used today with white gesso. I also did that with the rest of my chippies only in different colors The only pieces that I left raw is the circle arrow around the word "boy"! The big yellow flowers are handmade with fabric.  

 Hope you all enjoyed my post thank you so much for stopping by, I will be back with another project hope to see you back then.... 

Meanwhile if you would like to see more of my work you could visit here: 

Amy's Pretty Papers