Wednesday, August 7, 2024

You are my sunshine
By Charmane Sharp




Well Hello everyone, I have returned from a dream six week overseas holiday
to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I have so many wonderful memories to Scrapbook.
This layout is my first, sharing where my hubby and I stayed on Milos Island,
Greece in a Traditional Sirma (Boathouse).




2 Crafty Chipboard used...

Window Shutter set 1
Title- You are my Sunshine
Floral Spray
12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames
Fancy set 2 Borders




The Mediterranean Collection by Mintay had me wanting to create a little scene
 in the corner of my layout. Using the Window Shutter allowed me to do this and
painting with Finnabair Pearl White and Deep Waters to reflect the colours of
our accomodation. I cut the smaller words from the title and painted them with
 Deep Waters and the remainder in a Yellow Watercolour. Once dry I ran them 
through an embossing folder for some texture.




The Flower Spray was painted with Shimmer Watercolours and followed the curve
of the Clock to draw your eye around the layout.




As the patterned paper was so detailed I added some Gold Foil to the Border piece
and cut in two so it popped of the background.




The Weathered Clock created a focus in to the layout and also framed the gorgeous
 details. I coated the Clock Face with Grit Paste to add texture. Once dry I sponged on some
 Blush and Sand Paint to coordinate with the floral elements on the paper. Then I used a Tim
Holtz sponge to apply Distress ink in Pumice Stone over the top.




Thank you for stopping by the blog to take a look at my latest creativity. Time to pull
out your holiday memories and scrapbook them too. Back with you soon to share my
next creation.

Until next time...

Charmane x