Monday, August 5, 2024

Smile ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi ladies, glad you stopped by!

Today I'm sharing a layout of my granddaughter from years back. Love b&w photos using just one color. I think it's called "black and white plus one." I thought I would give it a go, happy with the results! Hope you like it.


"Smile"


 

2Crafty goodness I used here:

Elsie's Border

Dandelions

Doily Disc Set 1

Her Smile



Don't forget to prep your chipboard before altering!


I ran the Elsie's Border the length of the design behind the photo to add a dramatic bold pop to the layout. I painted it with 2 coats of Black Gesso so it would be flat black. No shine.

Then off to the right I added one of the doilies from the Doily Disc Set 1 tucked in under the tag. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint. 

All of the Chipboard was altered either black or white. I played off the b&w photo for contrast and to really make the photo stand out against the yellow.


Tucked in on the left under the flowers is one of the Dandelions. This also was painted with 2 coats of Black Gesso.


And then here on the right tucked in is another one of the Dandelions. I added one on this side to create balance and symmetry.


For the title, I used 'Smile' cut from Her Smile. I actually used two, one on top of the other. The bottom one painted with Black Gesso and the top one painted with White acrylic Paint. This created a shadow effect and really made the title pop. Neat little trick!

Under the title another Doily Disc and the bottom part of Elsie's Border. 


Hope you like this and that I have inspired you to get bold with your chippies!

Until next time....

xx