Tuesday, August 13, 2024

BLOOM & Grow ~ by Robin Schelin

Hello everyone, welcome to the fabulous 2Crafty blog!

 This photo spoke to me as to representing the artist in all of us. We have different styles, use different techniques, and use different subject matter. But we are all artists nonetheless, and we should be celebrated as such! So give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for your achievements in the craft you love, and keep on creating!!


"BLOOM & Grow"


2Crafty used:

Circle Heart Frames

Filmstrips - Tiny

12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames

BlOOM & Grow

Mixed Fine Border Set

Mini Flourish Bits

Flourish Adornment Set 6



Remember to prepare your chipboard for altering first!



Starting at the top, in the middle of the blue acetate film strip, I placed one of the Filmstrips - Tiny. I painted it with a mix of Cadmium Orange Hue, Red Medium Hue and Light Pink Acrylic Paint. I never can find the exact color I want, so I play around with a mix of different colors until I come close! Messy, but necessary!

Next to that, is one of the border pieces from the Mixed Fine border Set. I just painted it lightly with 
white Acrylic Paint. 

Then on top of that is the larger frame from the Circle Heart Frames. I painted that with a mix of Light Blue Permanent, Neutral Gray and White Acrylic Paint. Again, messy!

Then last in this photo is one of the smaller clocks from the 12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames. This piece was painted lightly with White Acrylic Paint.




Tucked in under the flowers on the left is one of the Mini Flourish Bits.  This was also given a light coat of White Acrylic Paint.



Another little swirl from the Mini Flourish Bits here on the right for balance and interest, and because I  love these little things!



On the bottom of the layout , I added another filmstrip along side the border piece to extend the design down the length of the composition.

On top of that, covering the filmstrips a bit, is one of the flourishes from the Adornment Set 6. Also painted lightly with White Acrylic Paint, I thought this little swirl broke up the straight lines and gave a little more interest to this area. 




Lastly is the title. I painted BLOOM & Grow the same as all the other white chipboard. Just lightly over the gesso with White Acrylic Paint. I wanted it to be soft and a little distressed looking.


And that's it. A little tribute, if you will, to the artist in us all!! Hope you like it.

xx