Monday, July 15, 2024

summer ~ by Robin Schelin

Hello all! Welcome back to the blog!

This layout shows where I wish I was!! Here in Colorado, we are VERY far from the beach. We are in the mountains. While the mountains are beautiful, the beach would be a great option, but alas, not to be!! So, I go to the beach vicariously through art!


"summer"


Chipboard used:

Thistle

Grass Clumps

Old Fence

summer fun



As always, prep your chipboard before you alter it. Gesso is my go to.

I placed the Thistle directly on the photo on the left side. There was space on the photo, so I thought I would fill it up. I left the Thistle raw so it would kind of match the other browns on the layout.


I cut the Old Fence and placed it on both sides of the photo. In a lot of the beach pictures I've seen, there is an old fence. Since this photo didn't have one, I made one! I altered it using a mix of Raw Umber, Burnt Umber and Parchment Acrylic Paint along with Deco Art Weathered Wood Crackling Medium. 

Here also are the Grass Clumps. I painted them with a mix of Prima Watercolors. I just kept painting and wiping with a bunch of colors until I got close to the color of the grass in the photo. I would list all of them, but, honestly, I don't remember which ones I used!! 


Here is the other part of the Old Fence, the Thistle and the Grass Clumps. I mirrored the left side to create balance.


For the title, I just used the word 'summer' from Summer Fun.  I didn't use the whole title because it was too big if used altogether. I heat embossed it with White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder so it would be bright white.


And there it is! I can almost feel the sand between my toes! 

Hope you like it! Be back soon with more from 2Crafty!

xx