Monday, June 3, 2024

Totally Awesome
By Charmane Sharp

 



Charmane here on the blog with you today to share a layout I had fun
creating full of mixed media to create an Industrial Grunge look. This
was to reflect the image my eldest son had taken at work. Stamping, 
Stencils and Pastes created layers on my background.




2 Crafty Chipboard used…

Title- Totally Awesome 
Steampunk Gears small and medium 
Industrial Spring set
Steampunk Element set 1
Steampunk collage
Aged Film Strip
Asst Chain lengths x2




I sponged the Gesso on all the Chipboard so I could create some texture on
 some pieces which would be highlighted once coloured. The Film Strip was
 painted with Distress Paint Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio. Then I
 sprayed with Lindys Time Travel Teal in patches to blend together. Finished
 with some splashes of Mica Spray in Antique Bronze and Tarnished Brass.
I love how amazing it looks when cut in half as a textural piece.




The Asst Chain Lengths and Industrial Spring set had layers of Distress Paint
 built up adding one colour at a time in random spots. I applied Antique Bronze,
Tarnished Brass, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.




As contrast to the other pieces I wanted the Steampunk Collage to be more
muted but in the same colour palette. So I sprayed Lindys T-Bird Turquoise
and Time travel Teal over the piece and dabbed the colour of to dry lighter.
Then sprayed some Tarnished brass on my mat and dabbed the Collage in it
taking some off with a tissue and rubbing with my finger on the diamonds to
dull the colour and flicked some Brushed Pewter Mica on to pull it all together.




Placing a clock underneath and a metal gear on top of the Steampunk
 Element made the piece a feature. I used some of the previous colours and
 finished with some Finnabair wax in Peacock so it was a little different.




The smaller Element piece was given the same treatment as the larger
one. The Gears were tucked in all over the layout blending nicely with
the introduction of Lindys Bombshell Black and Minight Rendezvous
sprays. This gave them a darker finish.




The title was sprayed heavily with Lindys Midnight Rendezvous and heat
dried to give the colour variance.




Layering all the chipboard with sprayed muslin, string and All and Create
dies brought the construction site to life. My son loves this layout full of
details to emphasize his photo and that makes my work totally worth it.

Until next time...

Charmane x