Thursday, April 11, 2024

Amazing Day
By Charmane Sharp



Any day in the ocean is an Amazing Day, especially for my son Jett. He loves to
snorkel and film what he finds. I love the VW car as it adds that carefree summer
feel, we all love. 




2Crafty Chipboard used...

12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames
Summer VW
Title- Amazing Day
Diamond Chunk Bits




I love how the Weathered Clock brings all my elements together around
my photo. I chose the middle sized one and opted for Speckled Egg Oxide,
 with water splashes to reveal the oxidation finish. 





Placing the title on the VW brings the beach vibe together. I used a blending
brush to apply the Oxide to the VW going a little darker on the surfboard.
Then dry brushed the surfboard with Gesso so it popped a little. The same
process was used for the title with some metallic watercolour applied to the
top of the letters for some shine against the other matte finishes and to
highlight the VW details.




Diamond Chunk bits add some texture to the layout. After the Speckled 
Egg Oxide was dry I Dry brushed with Gesso for a shabby chic look. I
love how my resin Starfish looks sitting on top of it.




Thank you for taking a look at my layout today. Distress Oxides are great on
2Crafty Chipboard when you want a matte finish. 

Until next time...

Charmane x