Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A Glimpse of You ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone! Robin here again, back to share some more 2Crafty goodness!

This layout is of my granddaughter from many years ago. One of these photos got scrapped back then, but the other one didn't. So I thought, why not use both on the same layout. Hope you like it, and enjoy my process....


"Glimpse of You"


2Crafty chippies I used:

Foliage Set 11

Circular Border

A Glimpse of You


As I always say, gesso up those chippies!


I used the same medium on all the chipboard. I just used a lighter application on some, and a darker application on others to coordinate with the depth of color on the background, and with the foliage elements.

 I used Light Moss Green My Paper World Soft Color. This medium is kind of an oily stain that is easy to get different shades of the same color. I have had it for many years, and I don't know if you can even get it anymore. I have looked for it, but can't find it. If anyone happens to know where to get it, please let me know!!

Here is one of the pieces from the Foliage Set 11 at the left of the photo.  I dabbed it on with a stippling brush, and then wiped it off with a paper towel a few times to get a medium application. I wanted to give it a distressed look and to have it blend in with the floral design. Sometimes chipboard can be used as an extension of the design, which is what I tried to do with this layout.


Here, running between the photos is the Circular Border. With this piece, I applied the medium the same way, only using more of it to get a darker application. 


And then I placed another one of the pieces from the Foliage Set 11 here on the right side of the composition to give some balance. I used a medium application, the same as the one on the right.


Here is the bottom of the Circular Border.  I ran it the length of the design separating the photos. Again, for me, it's all about trying to achieve balance with my designs.  I think having a darker piece down the middle brings it all together.

For the title, A Glimpse of You, I used the lightest application of the medium. I wanted it the stand out against the red of her dress and the flower underneath it. Also, by using a very light application, I got the same color as the lighter color on the background paper.


I hope you like this layout and will try using varying depths of color from the same medium to create dimension on your layouts. Really easy, and creates beautiful transitions of color.

See you next month!