Thursday, September 7, 2023

Be True to You
By Charmane Sharp




My eldest son loves Steampunk and his Cat, so I have made this layout to 
frame as a gift for Christmas. Had fun creating layers with lots of 2Crafty 
Chipboard and Finnabair Metallique Paints and Waxes. Hard to photograph 
this one, so take a look at the close up pictures to see all the detail involved
 much better.




2Crafty Chipboard used...

Aged Film Strip set
Corner Steampunk 4
Squiggly Circle Arrow Journal Spots
12x12 Weathered Clock Face Frames
Steampunk Collage Clock
Title- Be True to You




After painting the title I ran it through a Tim Holtz Embossing 
Folder to add texture which I highlighted with a light sanding.




The Corner Steampunk piece  was inserted under my photo. 
After altering with paint and wax I gently sanded some of the
edges and dry brushed a little Gesso so the chipboard looked
different to the resin pieces underneath.




I love how the Collage Clock has a central feature and extends
the length of my layout drawing your eye all the way up and down.
The NEW Squiggly Arrows add some extra curves to the cluster.




Sitting on my mixed media background is a piece of the Weathered
Clock Frame I cut from the 12x12 one. It seems to draw your eye
into the Steampunk cluster to see all the layers.




Cutting the NEW Aged Film Strip into two pieces gave me some
extra detail with its textured edges that I highlighted by sanding.
So glad I have made a start on my Christmas handmade gifts. Gifts
made with love are possible with chipboard purchased at 2Crafty.com.au

Until next time...

Charmane x