Monday, July 24, 2023

sweet cheeks - by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well.

I'm back again to share another project with you. This time, something that reminds me of summertime.  I know that for a lot of you it is winter. But where I live, we're the middle of a glorious summer! Maybe this will warm you up a little!!


"sweet cheeks"



Gorgeous 2Crafty used:

Clock Face Frames

Doodled Frames

Chicken Barbed Wire Small

sweet Cheeks




All of the chipboard was painted with White Gesso to prime it before I altered it.

Directly behind the photo, I placed one of the Doodled Frames. I painted it with My Paper World Paper Soft Color - Light Moss Green. I did this to accent the photo since I didn't mat it.

Behind that, I used one of the  Clock Face Frames.  I love these frames, they add so much depth to any composition. This was painted with Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint mixed with Unbleached Titanium Acrylic Paint, using more of the Burnt Umber than the Titanium.


I also used Burnt Umber mixed with Unbleached Titanium on the word "sweet" in the title sweet Cheeks. Here I used more of the Unbleached Titanium than the Burnt umber. I wanted the same tone, but a lighter different color. Also it matched the mushrooms!

The word "Cheeks" was painted with My Paper World Soft Color - Light Moss Green, the same as the Doodled Frame behind the photo. 

Next to the title, I tucked in some of the chicken wire from the Chicken Wire Small pack. I painted this with a mixture of Silver and Black Acrylic Paint. I used this because of the garden theme of the layout.


And then lastly, I tucked a little more chicken wire at the bottom right behind the mushrooms. Looking at it now, I wish I would have extended it out more so it could be seen better. But that's ok.


And that's it. Hope you like it, and hope you have been inspired to create something summery for yourself!

Be back soon, take care and keep crafting!