Thursday, August 24, 2023

make Great Memories - By Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, glad you stopped by.

Today I 'm sharing a very feminine and romantic layout with you, lots of flowers! That's romantic, right?  I don't use black & white photos very often, but here, I think it goes really well with the very colorful background and all the colorful flowers. Hope you like it.


"make Great Memories"


Fabulous, swirly 2Crafty used:

Simple Moments make Great Memories

Brick Panel

6" Ariel's Spray

Mini Flourish Bits


As always, gesso on the chippies!


Up on the left top, I tucked in a little swirly from one of my favorites, Mini Flourish Bits. They are one of my 'go toos' when it comes to chipboard. Perfect shape and size to use anywhere. I heat embossed this, as well as all the swirlys, with White Ultra Think Embossing Powder. This makes them pop more than just painting with white paint.

Here also is the Brick Panel tucked in under the photo. I covered it with white gesso, then lightly went over it with black gesso using a small fan brush. It's subtle, but I wanted it to compliment the large frame at the right of the photo and to match the color of the title.

Here are 2 more Mini Flourish Bits tucked in amongst the flowers above the title. For the title. I used 'make Great Memories' from the title Simple Moment make Great Memories.  I used the words 'Simple Moments' on a previous layout, so decided to use the bottom part of the title here. That's one of the things I love about 2Crafty titles, you can cut them up to fit your project. And I got 2 layouts using one title. How cool is that? I first painted it with black gesso, then went over it with Grey Acrylic Paint.


Here at the bottom I placed the 6" Ariel's Spray along with yet one more of the Mini Flourish Bits. This extends the swirls all the way down the layout, lending to the feminine vibe.


Hope you like this and that it has inspired you to use black & white photos with your own colorful compositions. I'll be back in a couple weeks with another project using these beautiful chipboards.