Thursday, March 30, 2023

'You Are Your Best Thing' by Emma Zappone

Hello!
Em with you this fine Thursday.
Today I share a layout featuring a soft industrial/steam vibe.


I used a couple of my fave chipboard pieces as well as a new one I had yet to play with.

Fancy Clockface Hands
Industrial Pipes
Steampunk Gears Small




I wanted to choose pieces that would also compliment resin castings. And I wanted to create a weathered effect on the chippy as well as the resin.





To achieve this look, I painted all the pipes in a cream acrylic. Then once dried I added a crackle paste over the top. I allowed this to air dry to get the best ripples and cracks to form.
Once this was dry I started to add a few liquid acrylics to the top, rubbing back and reapplying until I was happy with the colour. Finally they were completed with a antiquing wax.



The Steamgears were left raw, to stand out amongst the flower layers and brought there own soft tone.



The Fancy Clock hands are one of my most fave chipboard pieces. And I painted these with a distress oxide base then with a liquid acrylic, which left a beautiful gloss to the hands.
They compliment those clock castings beautifully.



The stunning image used is one I found on Pinterest, I can be known to spend hours searching for the images I want to use. Unfortunately I couldn't source the artist' name for this one.



I hope this page inspires you a little today.

I will catch you all again soon.
Stay Crafty, Em xx