Friday, June 3, 2022

My Happy Place
By Charmane Sharp


Welcome to the 2Crafty blog today.

If you've seen my work before you know I have a love of the
ocean and swimming with Turtles is one of my favourite holiday
activities. Every year my son and hubby try to capture it for me,
but as I'm the usual photographer I'm never in love with the photo
they take until now. This photo taken on my last holiday is my 
phone screen saver as it makes me smile every day. Captured by 
my 14yr old son this definitely is My Happy Place.




2Crafty Chipboard used...

Seagrass
Anchors & Buoys
Sea Creatures 2
Title- My Happy Place




Seagrasses were my starting point with this layout to give some height
to my underwater scene. All the chipboard was coated with Gesso and
then I began painting the Seagrass with Lindys sprays Clam Bake Beige,
Cafe 'au Lait and Down the Rabbit Hole. Drying between layers with a
Heat Gun allows each colour to set and give contrast textures. Various 
shades of Lindys Orange were also applied to the Octopus and then dry
brushed with Gesso to tone it down.




By adding the Anchors into my Ocean scene it shows I arrived at this 
destination by boat. I painted them with Lindys Silent Night Silver 
adding it in pools and drying to give an aged finish. 
The title was painted with TiffanyLou Blue leaving some Gesso 
exposed creating a worn look.




Love this Turtle poking out under the flowers. By painting with
an olive green spray and splashing some darker green on I was able
to achieve a likeness to a Turtle. Finished off with some dry brushed 
Gesso. Sea Creatures set 2 has lots of pieces to bring the sea to life.




I love the mix of Beach inspired Laser cuts, Flowers and 2Crafty Chipboard
together for awesome prettiness. Finished with some Art Stones to represent
the ocean floor and some Shell and Seaweed Rubons.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your inspired to Scrapbook your Happy
Place.

Until next time...

Charmane x