Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Memories ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone. Welcome back to the fabulous 2Crafty Blog!

Hope all is well with you and that you are busy getting your craft on!!

I have been so inspired by the beautiful projects I've seen on FB done in support of the Ukrainian people. I have created this layout to honor and support them as well. I am hoping, along with the rest of the free world, that this conflict is resolved quickly and that the Ukrainian people prevail!

Hope you like it!

"Memories"



2Crafty used:

Window Shutter Set 1

11" Round Flourish Frame

Flower Set 1

Cherished Family Memories


As always, first a generous coating of white gesso on all the chipboard.


The beautiful Window Shutter Set 1 was painted with Blue Acrylic Paint.  When almost dry I scraped over  it with a dry stippling brush to give it a worn look.


I painted the 11" Round Flourish Frame with Yellow Acrylic Paint on the bottom half, and Blue Acrylic Paint on the top. This was to add interest and give balance to the composition.

The little flowers from the Flower Set 1 were painted with Blue Acrylic Paint and tucked into the flower cluster.


I only used the word "Memories" from the Chipboard title Cherished Family Memories.  I wanted a small title for this layout, and this one word was perfect!  I painted it with a mix of Yellow Acrylic colors to give it a slight ombre effect.


And there you have it. A project in support of Ukraine.

See you back in a few weeks with another project. Stay safe and keep crafting.