Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Journey" mixed media canvas by Moira Gilowey

Hello again creative friends.
I am sharing a new project for 2Crafty today -
this time a mixed media canvas featuring
some of the beautiful steampunk 2Crafty chipboards.


Chipboards used on this project include

- Decorative panel wire circle 1 (dp008)
- Steampunk border 9" (db0132)
- Wing set 2
- Steampunk gears medium (m00646)


I painted the decorative panel with black gesso, 
lightly brushed it with gold paint and then backed it 
with patterned paper before adding it to my canvas.


My inspiration for this project was the colours in the 
metallic flakes.  I painted some elements in black gesso 
and then added the flakes to them, including on my "journey" title.



The rest of my chipboard pieces were painted with gold paint and scattered around my project.


Lots of layering with flowers and other embellishments 
gave my project the depth that I so love.


I hope that this project has inspired you to create one of your own.
Thanks for stopping by.