Tuesday, April 5, 2022

"Perfect as YOU are" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone, welcome to the 2Crafty Blog!  So gad you could stop by.

Spring is in the air!! Finally!  So I have created a layout with beautiful sunflowers enhanced with gorgeous 2Crafty chipboard.

 I ordered some sunflower transfers a few months ago, thinking I was getting small ones. But I didn't read the description very well and ended up with transfers meant for furniture!! I was a little miffed to say the least, but I decided to try them anyway, and I am thrilled with the result! I'm also thrilled with how beautiful the 2Crafty chipboard looks!!


"Perfect as YOU are"


Beautiful 2Crafty I used:

Leafy Shrub Set 1

Leafy Shrub Set 2

Squiggly Heart Cluster

Perfect as YOU are

Addy's Butterflies



As Always, I first treated all the chipboard with a generous coating of white gesso.

Starting from the top left is the Left Shrub Set 1. I gave it a base coat in Hookers Green Acrylic Paint. I then brushed over it with Paper Soft Color in Light Moss Green going heavy with the color along the sides of the leaves.  Then I swiped on a little Brilliant Yellow green to make them look like the leaves in the transfers.



I used the same technique here on the Leafy Shrub Set 2 as on the Leafy Shrub Set 1.




I painted the Squiggly Heart Cluster with Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint.




The title Perfect as YOU are was painted with White acrylic Paint. The word YOU was first painted with Cadmium Yellow Paint mixed with Distress Grit Paste. then I went over it with Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint letting a little of the yellow show through to mimic the flower centers of the sunflowers.

The 3 butterflies I used from Addy's Butterflies were painted with Primary Yellow and Yellow Oxide Acrylic Paint on the wings.  The bodies of the butterflies were painted with Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint.


And there it is! Finished! 

I hope you have been inspired by this project. You can definitely use items not meant for scrapbook pages (hence the large sunflowers, lol!) So give it a go and see what you come up with!!

I'll be back in a few weeks with a step-by-step tutorial so stay tuned!