Wednesday, November 24, 2021

"Believe" by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone! Welcome back to the fabulous 2Crafty Blog!

Yep, it's me again!  This time I'm sharing my first Christmas project with you. So exciting that the Holidays are here again!!  Almost seems like as soon as you get everything put up and packed away, it's here again!!  Time really does fly!

On this layout I have used a few of my favorite Christmas chipboard pieces. Hope you like it!


"Believe"



2Crafty Chipboard used:

Swirly Star Border
St. Nicks Snowflakes
6" Clock Face  Discs
Believe in Miracles 
Wavey Trees



In case you've never heard me say it, let me say that to start off with I like to give my chipboard a nice bath in white gesso! 




I need to start off saying that I LOVE the Swirly Star Border! I think it's just so festive!  I cut it so I could use it to fill out the left side of the layout, also because I didn't want to hide any of it!  
I used a mixture of gold, copper and bronze Acrylic Paint. While it was still wet I sprinkled it with Fairy Dust Sugar Shimmer Glitter.
For the stars, I heat embossed them with Embossing Tinsel - Snowflake. I love the contrast between the swirl and the stars!





On the St. Nicks Snowflakes I heat embossed them with the Embossing Tinsel - Snowflake, the same as the stars




I painted the 6" Clock Face Disc with a  mixture of gold, copper and bonze Acrylic Paint, then dabbed it with Ranger Distress Grit Paste to give a snowed on look.




On these cute little Wavey Trees,  I used the same mixture of Acrylic Paint topped with a shaking of Fairy Dust Sugar Shimmer Glitter. Then I dabbed a little Grit Paste to look like snow. I heat embossed the star with Embossing Tinsel - Snowflake.

I only used the word Believe from the Believe in Miracles, and I just painted it with a mixture of gold, copper and bronze Acrylic Paint.


And there you have it!  Hope you like it and will be inspired to work on your own Holiday projects. I will be back in a few weeks with another step-by-step tutorial that I am excited to share with you.

Happy crafting!