Tuesday, October 5, 2021

"today is PERFECT" - by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone!  Welcome to the blog.

Robin here, back again with another project using beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard. 

 Today I am  sharing my latest layout about a perfect summer day. What could be better than picking flowers while on a stroll through a beautiful garden!!


"today is PERFECT"



The gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard I used:

Window Shutter Set 3

today is PERFECT

Mini Flourish Bits

Addy's Butterflies

Leafy Shrub Set 1



As with all the chipboard I use, I first coated them with white gesso. Gesso, because it keeps the mediums from soaking into the chipboard and it ensures true colors.



I absolutely LOVE the Window Shutter Set 3!!  Not only is it beautiful, but it draws the eye straight to the photo.  It is the focal point of the whole layout.

I first applied a coat of Ranger Texture Paste Opaque Crackle to try to give it a little bit of an aged look.  Then I painted it with Prima's Shimmering Lights Watercolors.



I also used Prima's Shimmering Lights Watercolors on the title, today is PERFECT,  and on the butterfly from Addy's Butterflies. I wanted them to be close to the color of the background paper.




On the Mini Flourish Bits and the Leafy Shrub Set 1, I just used a stippling brush and painted them with Grey Acrylic Paint.

I love how these swirly little wonders give such softness and beautiful detail to a layout.  I use a lot of different swirly 2Crafty chippies as I do mostly feminine layouts, and you just can't go wrong with them!  


Well, that's it for today. I hope I have inspired you and that you have fun altering your chippies. 

I will see you again in a few weeks with a step-by-step tutorial, so stay tuned!!