Friday, July 2, 2021

"love you long time"
By Charmane Sharp

 Hello 2Crafty chipboard fans,

Charmane with you today to share,
a mixed media layout I put together with lots of
awesome  2Crafty chipboard.

They add so much substance to my layers,
evoking a masculine mood.

I love beginning with a Mixed media background when
creating a layout for my boys. They always look at
all the details and appreciate my creativity, which I 
am grateful for.



2Crafty chipboard used...

Doodled Arrows
6x4 Phrase stick set 4
Cog Nested Frames
Asst Chain Lengths
10' Decorative Grid Panel






Doodled Arrow placed over the two different Chain Lengths gives a whimsical
feel with a touch of love. All pieces of chipboard were treated with Gesso and
coated in Distress Oxide, Tattered Rose, Speckled Egg or Tea Dye. I love the
finished effect once water is added that Distress Oxide gives the chipboard pieces.




I decided to glue the inner piece of the Cog together with the main Cog piece
when I separated them.  I liked the detail it provided alongside the piece I cut
from the Grid Panel.  They add lots of texture together. This Panel is also very 
adaptable on a variety of layouts depending on how you cut it up into individual
chipboard pieces.




Using the Phrase Stick as a title allows it be a focal point at the base of my 
layout. Distress Oxide adds a softness to this sentiment. Your eyes are drawn
to it by the addition of another Doodled Arrow on the end.




If you haven't tried Distress Oxide on 2Crafty chipboard, the give it a go.
I think the look is fantastic and depending how big your water droplets are
each time you use this technique will give a varied finish.

Thanks for stopping by as always,

Charmane x