Monday, May 24, 2021

"Gypsy Soul" - by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone and welcome to the 2Crafty Blog! 

Hoping I'm finding you all well, relaxed, and ready to do a little reading!
It will be worth it!
 There's a little step-by-step on how I used mixed medias on the chipboard!

  I am very pleased with this layout and I hope you like it too. 😍

Gypsy Soul


The Awesome 2Crafty Chippies I Used:

title - Gypsy Soul

Dandelions

Leafy Silhouettes

Florence Swirl Set

Window Shutter Set 2


To begin with, I must say that I used a LOT of different mix media techniques
on this chipboard, so please stay tuned! lol


For the fabulous Window Shutter Set 2, I first applied Burnt Umber acrylic paint,
then applied Crackle Accents over that. After the crackles set, I applied Raw Sienna
acrylic paint over parts of the shutter and dried it with a heat gun till it bubbled.

 Hoping to create an aged look.


On the Florence Swirl Set, I covered it with white gesso.
Then applied Art Anthology Stone Effects Dimensional Medium mixed
with Art Anthology Sorbet Dimentional Paint.
Lastly, I used Art Alchemy's Matte Wax Paste in Rusty Red to add a little pop.

For the title Gypsy Soul, on the word Gypsy I started with a coat of white gesso.
 It was then heat embossed TWICE with a mixture of Chili Powder and Tangerine
 embossing powders from Imagine Ink. I love how shiny this turned out!

On the word Soul, also a coat of white gesso.
Then I applied Art Anthology Stone Effects in White. After that I lightly embossed
 with the Tangerine embossing powder I used in the word Gypsy.  I really like how it sparkles!
Actually, it's even more dazzling in real life! Having a problem with my lighting,
 any good suggestions for really good lighting out there in 2Crafty fan land??


I first put down a layer of white gesso on the Leafy Silhouettes, then added a coat of
Light Green Watercolor Paint. Then I added a little white gesso on a q-tip rubbed almost dry.
 I decided at that point that they were too light, and needed to be darker against the
Watercolor Green paint I used to accent them, so I dabbed on a little Dark Green
Acrylic Paint to contrast better.



On the Dandelion, I again started with white gesso.
On the little puffs, I used Ranger White Embossing puffs.  
They really do puff out, this is great stuff to add texture.
Again, the lighting issue. 

So, there it is! 
Hope you like it, and that it inspires you to get out your mediums
and PLAY with your chipboard!