Wednesday, May 5, 2021

"adore" by Robin Schelin

 Hi 2Crafty fans! Welcome to the blog!

I'm back again to share my latest layout with you.  Something a little bit sparkly and a little bit glamorous!  I love using dark backgrounds, it just makes the colors pop!  And then you add in some fabulous 2Crafty Chipboard and you can't go wrong!!

Hope you like it!

"adore"



This layout is all about the chipboard! It gives it the pizzazz I was going for. I love how something a simple as chipboard can make your design leap off the page!


2Crafty Chipboard used:

Ariel's Spray
Geo Panel
Foliage Set 6
Fine Word Set 1



On Ariel's Spray I first covered it with Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge.  Then I rubbed on a little Rust Effect  paste.  After that I painted on Metallique Wax - Old Denim, randomly over the spray, but not too much.  Finally, I painted on Metallique Wax - Peacock, over the parts not covered by the Old Denim Wax making sure to let the rust color peek through. Since this is the focal piece on the layout,  I wanted it to shine!




For the Geo Panel I used the same technique as I did on Ariel's Spray.  Then I tucked it in on the left side of the photo under the flowers to bring a balance of color to that side.




I used Distress ink in Rusty Hinge and Rust Effects Paste on the Foliage Set 6 just as I did on Ariel's Spray and the Geo Panel, except with these, I didn't add any Wax on the leaves.  Instead, I added a coating of Diamond Glaze and then sprinkled them with Diamond Dust.  Finishing them off with a little dab of wax on the berries.  I tucked them under the flowers beneath the photo and inserted one in the middle of the swirl on the right to complete the flow of Ariel's Spray.  And lastly, adding one to the upper left to draw the eye upward.


 For the title from the Fine Word Set, I just painted on Metallique Wax in Peacock. 





When you take photos of something very sparkly, it never looks as good as it does in real life! lol!  The lighting just doesn't catch it right.  Anyway, I hope you get the jist of it, and it inspired you to try new things with your chipboard and make it the focal point of your project!